Schools Fencing Program – Introductory Level
This 6-session course is intended to be given in once-a-week lessons and is a great way to introduce the Olympic sport of fencing to your students. They will learn Olympic values while being healthy and active through the safe and fun activity of fencing.
Appropriate and adaptable for grades 1 through 8, the program involves having one of our Fencing-in the-Schools specialists train a teacher at your school to teach the sport based on the FITS curriculum and the FITS youth fencing package.
The Fencing-in-the-Schools Introductory Package includes:
- A 6-hour training session for your PE or other assigned teacher
- The Fencing-in-the-Schools Curriculum aligned to National Fitness Standards
- The FITS Youth Kits (plastic foil, scoring safety jacket, plastic mask)
- Video resources to supplement the curriculum
- A Kick-Off fencing demonstration and assembly by U.S. Olympic Team members (where possible)
- Connection to additional resources for kids interested in fencing beyond the program (where possible)
- Cross-curricular ideas and resources for literacy, social studies, science and math
The Schools Introductory Program is meant to be affordable, convenient, fun and educational. We offer grants for low-income schools and the option to either purchase or rent the equipment.
Pricing varies based on class size.
Olympic Fencing Assemblies and Clinics
Excite your students while teaching them important life lessons through the sport of fencing by bringing members of the U.S. Olympic Fencing Team to host a fencing demonstration or clinic at your school. This experience is appropriate and adaptable for all ages and grades.
Our assemblies include a fencing demonstration. Our athletes share the lessons they’ve learned and challenges they’ve faced in becoming Olympians and focus on themes about goal setting, persevering, and thinking critically. They emphasize the importance of hard work and the people you surround yourself with on a daily basis. We can adapt our presentation to meet any themes or unique aspects of your school setting.
See our Athlete Ambassadors.